The Interreg IPA CBC Program “Greece – Albania 2014 – 2020” supports the cooperation between the two countries. Under a common fund, the two countries join forces and capitalize on the advantages of the cross-border region to achieve benefits for both countries.
The projects (activities) approved under the Program will be implemented in the following areas:
Greece (regional units): Grevena, Kastoria, Florina, Arta, Thespotia, Ioannina, Preveza, Zante, Corfu, Kefalonia, Lefkada
Albania (regional units): Vlorë, Gjirokastër, Korçë and Berat
The proposed projects must include at least two bodies/ organisations, one per country and contribute to the Program’s objectives:
- Increase the capacity of cross border infrastructure in transport, water and waste management
- Increase the effectiveness of environmental protection and sustainable use of natural resources
- Increase energy-efficiency and the use of RES
- Improve theeffectiveness of risk prevention and disaster management with a focus on forest fires
- Preserve cultural and natural resources as a prerequisite for tourism development
- Support entrepreneurship, business survival and competitiveness.
For more information, please visit https://greece-albania.eu/